You’ve delivered the infamous “Strategy Presentation,” so your work’s done, right?
Only if you’re ok with your team doing guesswork to flesh out what you’ve already decided – this approach doesn’t have a very good track record.
We often see companies implement a strategy that is simply handed down from the top. As a result, the strategy falls apart b/c the people closest to the problem know that it can’t be implemented the way it was designed.
The problem is, no one tells you!
Try these #bestpractices with your team:
1) Establish expectations about what you’re trying to achieve together when you get to this stage.
2) Get specific & rigorous about your goals & how you’ll measure them.
3) Set a timeline & approximate budget.
4) Have them deliver a plan on how they’ll execute it.
5) Have them identify any operational challenges they foresee & help mitigate or overcome them.
I help leaders architect #implementation plans, develop solutions, & ensure collaboration around their most pressing strategic priorities.
Connect & get started.